Writing has been a passion of mine since I was a kid. I used to fill notebooks upon notebooks with stories, short plays, questionable poetry,
Phantom of the Opera fanfiction, comedy writing––you name it. I still love to write, and once in a while, I’m lucky enough to do it for fantastic outlets like the ones credited below.
- I interviewed award-winning playwright Lauren Yee, Signature Theatre Company Artistic Director Paige Evans, and Victoria Lang of Broadway & Beyond Theatricals about the upcoming tour of Cambodian Rock Band, the show’s celebration of Asian artistry in times of turmoil, and the importance of seeing Asian and Asian American experiences onstage.
- In December of 2019, I attended my first out-of-town press junket in New Orleans for the brand-new FOX drama Filthy Rich, starring Kim Cattrall, Steve Harris, Corey Cott, Melia Kreiling, Aaron Lazar, and more. I got to interview the cast, showrunner Abe Sylvia, and the show’s creator Tate Taylor about what made the Southern Gothic family drama so alluring.
- I co-write weekly Broadway-themed horoscopes with my boss (Playbill’s illustrious Director of Social Media and Creative Strategy Felicia Fitzpatrick). A few of my favorite #BwayAstro columns have been inspired by the Mamma Mia! Cinematic Universe, LGBTQ+ theatre, Shakespeare, and the iconic Audra McDonald.
- “What Viewers Need to Know About the Cast of Fox’s Upcoming Rent.” Playbill, PLAYBILL INC., 8 Dec. 2018, www.playbill.com/article/what-viewers-need-to-know-about-the-cast-of-foxs-upcoming-rent. (My first byline and print feature for Playbill!)
- “Playbill Mixtape: Pitch-Perfect Piano Bar Singalong Playlist.” Playbill, PLAYBILL INC., 6 Aug. 2019, www.playbill.com/article/playbill-mixtape-pitch-perfect-piano-bar-singalong-playlist
- “Interview: Fusion Painting and Abstract Art in Hampton Roads, A Q&A With Jerome Meminger, Sr.” Quail Bell Magazine. August 2017. Web. <http://www.quailbellmagazine.com/the-real/interview-fusion-painting-and-abstract-art-in-hampton-roads>
- “Art in the Age of ‘So What?’: Using Narrative to Spark Educational Engagement.” Inside/Out Blog. Museum of Modern Art, June 2015. Web. <http://www.moma.org/explore/inside_out/2015/06/02/art-in-the-age-of-so-what-using-narrative-to-spark-educational-engagement>.
- “Going Abroad.” We Are Greensboro Dec. 2013: Web. “><http://wearegreensboro.com/?m=201312>.
- “What We’ve Always Wanted?: A Review of Women Politicians’ Increased Visibility.” Siren: UNC’s Feminist Magazine Spring 2011: 22. Web. <http://issuu.com/uncsiren/docs/spring11/6>.
- “Turning Observation into Obligation: M.K. Asante Inspires Students During Black History Month Lecture.” Black Ink Magazine Mar.-Apr. 2011: 15. “><http://issuu.com/uncblackink/docs/march_2011_final>.
- “The Forgotten Brilliance of James Baldwin.” Black Ink Magazine Winter 2010: p.10. .”><http://issuu.com/uncblackink/docs/winter_issue_final>.
- “Flashes of Genius: Andy Warhol’s Polaroids Are Now at the Ackland Art Museum.” Black Ink Magazine Fall 2010: p.15. Web. “><http://issuu.com/uncblackink/docs/homecoming_2010>.
Leave a Reply