Writing has been a passion of mine since I was a kid. I used to fill notebooks upon notebooks with stories, short plays, questionable poetry,
Phantom of the Opera fanfiction, comedy writing––you name it. I still love to write, and once in a while, I’m lucky enough to do it for fantastic outlets like the ones credited below.
- I co-write weekly Broadway-themed horoscopes with my boss (Playbill’s illustrious Director of Social Media and Creative Strategy Felicia Fitzpatrick). A few of my favorite #BwayAstro columns have been inspired by the Mamma Mia! Cinematic Universe, LGBTQ+ theatre, Shakespeare, and the iconic Audra McDonald.
- “What Viewers Need to Know About the Cast of Fox’s Upcoming Rent.” Playbill, PLAYBILL INC., 8 Dec. 2018, www.playbill.com/article/what-viewers-need-to-know-about-the-cast-of-foxs-upcoming-rent. (My first byline and print feature for Playbill!)
- “Playbill Mixtape: Pitch-Perfect Piano Bar Singalong Playlist.” Playbill, PLAYBILL INC., 6 Aug. 2019, www.playbill.com/article/playbill-mixtape-pitch-perfect-piano-bar-singalong-playlist
- “Interview: Fusion Painting and Abstract Art in Hampton Roads, A Q&A With Jerome Meminger, Sr.” Quail Bell Magazine. August 2017. Web. <http://www.quailbellmagazine.com/the-real/interview-fusion-painting-and-abstract-art-in-hampton-roads>
- “Art in the Age of ‘So What?’: Using Narrative to Spark Educational Engagement.” Inside/Out Blog. Museum of Modern Art, June 2015. Web. <http://www.moma.org/explore/inside_out/2015/06/02/art-in-the-age-of-so-what-using-narrative-to-spark-educational-engagement>.
- “Going Abroad.” We Are Greensboro Dec. 2013: Web. <http://wearegreensboro.com/?m=201312>.
- “What We’ve Always Wanted?: A Review of Women Politicians’ Increased Visibility.” Siren: UNC’s Feminist Magazine Spring 2011: 22. Web. <http://issuu.com/uncsiren/docs/spring11/6>.
- “Turning Observation into Obligation: M.K. Asante Inspires Students During Black History Month Lecture.” Black Ink Magazine Mar.-Apr. 2011: 15. <http://issuu.com/uncblackink/docs/march_2011_final>.
- “The Forgotten Brilliance of James Baldwin.” Black Ink Magazine Winter 2010: p.10. <http://issuu.com/uncblackink/docs/winter_issue_final>.
- “Flashes of Genius: Andy Warhol’s Polaroids Are Now at the Ackland Art Museum.” Black Ink Magazine Fall 2010: p.15. Web. <http://issuu.com/uncblackink/docs/homecoming_2010>.